What To Do If You Don't Approve Of The Photos?
1. Don't panic - Reshoots Happen
Changes in the commercial art world are not unusual because everyone sees things differently. If I like blue & you like red, does that mean that blue is bad? Not really, you just have to politely tell the artist to make it red instead of blue.
Photography is more of an art than a science & things like exposure, contrast & lighting are abstract, making communication difficult. As photographers, we're taught how to be critiqued by others and if you can learn how to critique us effectively you can get exactly the photo you imagine and more.
There's rarely an issue that we can't solve for our customers & the key is to communicate your vision as clearly as possible. In this article, we'll review some common issues & discuss how to communicate changes.
2. Check The List of common issues First
Working with digital images can be more difficult than most people realize. Below is a list common issues, if you see your issue on the list take a second and review the article below, your issue may be solved very easily. Of course we are always here to help via email, phone or chat.
- Image is too bright or contrasty
- My image resolution is too small or not sharp enough
- The photo isn't big enough In amazon or fill the frame in Amazon
3. How To Request A Redo/Reshoot
First make sure that you've downloaded the original image. You should see it on your desktop or folder. Previews or thumbnails, even on the gallery page, will not give you a clear view of the final image.
Reply To The Approval Email & Be Clear & Detailed about changes
Tell Us In Words
Reply to the Approval Email with your changes. If you can clearly explain it in words, then explain it in the email. Be sure to specify which images you're referring too by the image title or file name.
4. Paid Vs Unpaid Reshoots
We don't enjoy charging our customers for reshoots but we do have to set some limits. Step 2 has been designed to limit paid reshoots and it works for the majority of our customers.
Our Totally Reasonable Reshoot Policy
- If you tell us clearly how to photograph your product and we don’t do it that way, we’ll redo it for free.
- If you change your mind or want something different then what you specified in your directions then that will be a paid reshoot.
- Basic photoshop adjustments are free.