The Different Image Types We Deliver
The Different Image Types We Deliver
We offer four different file types, explained below. One standard file type is included in the price of the photo, or you can order both for +$5 per photo. Each advanced file type is +$5 per photo.
Each file type is optimized for different uses. Read more on the file information and uses to make sure you order exactly what you need. Note: we can always deliver additional file types after the shoot if you decide you need them.
Included For Every File
- White Background: Images are delivered with full 255/100% pure white around the product, meeting the standards of most online retailers.
- Basic Retouching: Images are carefully color matched to the product, retouched for minor dust and minor scratches, skewed to be straight if photographed straight on.
Included For Tif & Amazon Ready Jpeg
- Shadows & Reflections: Contact shadows are maintained and reflections are gradated to white no more than 25% below the product.
Available For An Additional Charge
- Special Retouching: Retouching to products with excessive damage requiring “heavy compositing” or “building” parts that are not existing will be billed separately based on the project at $20 per 15 mins.
Standard File Types
1. High-Resolution Tif
This is the standard image format we deliver because of its flexibility.
Format: High Resolution Tiff Compression: Lossless LZW Colorspace: sRGB Resolution: 300 dpi Width/Height: No smaller than 3000px on any side Crop: A wide crop for flexible cropping later Cost: Get one file type free, pick both for $5
2. Amazon Ready Jpeg
Perfectly crafted for upload to Amazon. Will work great for almost all web uses!
Format: Jpeg Compression: 90% Colorspace:sRGB Resolution: 72 dpi Width/Height: 3000px X 3000px Square Crop: 1/4 inch around the product Cost: Get one file type free, pick both for $5.
Advanced File Types
PNGs are delivered without shadows or reflections.
+$5 | Transparent Web Ready PNG
It’s a transparent PNG ready to go to your website. Shadows & reflections are removed from this file because a transparent PNG cannot render shadows/reflection at different opacities or blending modes. It is either transparent or solid, on or off. Therefore a shadow wouldn’t look good when placed on top of a different color.
The only way to blend a shadow into the background is to use blending modes in photoshop and the High res Tif + clipping path is a better file for that.
Format: Web Ready PNG Compression: PNG 24 Colorspace: sRGB Resolution: 72 dpi Width/Height: 3000px X 3000px Square Crop:1/4 inch around the product Cost: $5 per image
+$5 | Layered High Res Tif + Clipping Paths (AKA Designer’s Ready Tif File)
We crafted this to be the dream file for any designer.
- Product, Reflection/Shadows & Background are on separate layers.
- The Reflection/Shadow layer is set to multiply for easy background changes.
- Clipping paths around the product are hand path-ed with careful detail.
- All paths are guaranteed accurate or we’ll redo them for free.
Format: High Resolution Tiff Compression: Lossless LZW Colorspace: sRGB Resolution: 300 dpi Width/Height: No smaller than 3000px on any side or larger Crop: A wide crop for flexible cropping later. Cost: +$5 per image
*Note About Illustrator and Indesign; although they are Adobe software, they handle transparency and paths differently than Photoshop. This causes unexpected results on import. We cannot create a file that will work equally for both software sets without sacrificing usability for one or the other. Because of this, we prepare our images for Photoshop which the majority of our customers use when editing images and do not recommend using Illustrator or Indesign for editing photos, especially transparency related composites.
How to Order Different Image File Types
To order different image types, head to our ordering page. The final two options are the Standard and Advanced file types. Select your standard file type(s) as well as any advanced types you need; add the necessary quantity to your cart for check-out.